Click on a job to view the full job specification
Credit Controller - Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
12-month maternity cover, full time
Are you a natural problem solver who enjoys interacting with customers? Are you looking to build on your credit control experience and move into a busy team?
ROMO, a leading privately-owned textile and wallcovering design house, is looking for an enthusiastic and confident Credit Controller join the business on a temporary basis at our Head Office based in Kirkby-in-Ashfield.
Family run since 1902, The Romo Group specialises in the supply of furnishing fabrics and wallcoverings to both the domestic and contract markets. There are currently 6 design houses operating within The Romo Group, each with its own unique style. For more details about the company and our brands please visit: www.romo.com
The Credit Control team are responsible for implementing and administering credit control procedures to minimise bad debts and slow payments without restricting turnover. The successful candidate should be highly organised, enjoy working to set targets, have meticulous attention to detail, and enjoy using their own initiative as well as working as part of a busy team.
- Corresponding with customers on a daily basis through email and telephone conversations
- Responsible for assessing credit risk of new customers, and vetting new orders
- Regular reviewing and monitoring of held orders
- Responsible for inputting cash on to customers’ accounts
- Supporting with daily banking
- Processing credit/debit card payments, and daily credit card to cash posted reconciliations
- Supporting debt collection by telephone, letters, faxes, and emails
- Proactively dealing with and resolving customer account and payment queries
- Reviewing ongoing queries and after sales complaints with Customer Services
- Maintaining customers’ credit limits and regularly reviewing ongoing potential risk
- Maintain orderly and reconciled sales ledgers on customers’ accounts
- Preparing documents and customer debt files for legal action
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working within Credit Control and/ or a Customer Service role
- Experience of using numerical skills within previous work
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to respond to time frames and deadlines
- Excellent problem solver with a proactive, detail orientated and flexible attitude
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- IT competent in Microsoft Word and Excel
If you believe you have the relevant skills and would like to be considered for this role, please submit an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating your experience and interest in this role. Please send these directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Credit Control Manager.
Design Studio Opportunities, UK - Nottinghamshire
The Romo Group are not actively recruiting for a position, but we are always interested to hear from talented Textile Designers. With six established brands, each with their own unique character and style, we offer a diverse range of fabrics, wallcovering, trimmings and accessories to suit customers’ tastes and needs worldwide.
Each brand has its own in-house design studio some located at our Head Office in Nottinghamshire while others are in London. Our designers work together on colour and design development, actively researching trends and colours, creating original designs for a variety of applications, liaising with suppliers, and visiting the printers to oversee production.
We are interested to hear from experienced textile designers who are creative and innovative, educated to a degree level in textile design, possess exceptional drawing and design skills with strong knowledge and previous experience of CAD, have excellent sense of colour, good understanding of weaving techniques, be passionate about design and interiors, enjoy working as part of a team, and have proven experience in the textile industry.
To be considered for any future opportunities within one of our 6 design studios please submit an up to date CV, covering letter and portfolio to email@example.com. Please confirm your preferred: brand, location, and if you have a preferred specialism such as print, weave, wallcovering, etc. We will keep your details on file for 2 years and if a suitable vacancy arises we will contact you.