Click on a job to view the full job specification
Field Sales Representative - South East & Central London
Competitive salary dependent on experience, includes company car, Private Health Insurance, and Pension
The Romo Group continues to grow market share and expand sales within the South East. A rare and challenging opportunity has arisen for an exceptional candidate to join our field sales team.
Romo is a world leading Fabric and Wallcovering Design House and Textile Editor with 6 prestige brands, each with its own unique style. Founded in 1902 and headquartered in Nottinghamshire, UK, Romo remains family owned and run. Specialising in the supply of furnishing fabrics and wallcoverings to the residential and contract sectors the company continues to grow world-wide sales, generating a turnover of £70 million and exporting to over 70 countries.
- Grow B2B sales within the South East developing new and existing business.
- Manage existing residential interior design, retail and manufacturing accounts and select new partners
- Develop client relationships through regular visits/contact and excellent customer service
- Present the company and its collections, sell the benefits. Provide company and product information to ensure our products are specified and projects are won.
- Assess the local market, highlighting and developing opportunities.
- Provide feedback to the Sales Manager, Marketing and Design Teams on market trends, product requirements and promotional activity.
- Manage client libraries, merchandising and updating as required.
- Develop the ‘prestige’ image of the company and its brands.
- The role is entirely field based with 4-5 client visits expected / day.
What we are looking for:
- A dynamic sales person with exceptional presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong affinity for textiles, fashion and design
- Excellent commercial awareness of the residential interior design / retail / manufacturing market.
- An enthusiasm for customer service
- The successful candidate will be self driven, well organized and resilient, with a proven ability to develop opportunities.
- A proven track record in field sales is highly beneficial but not essential.
- With continuing world-wide sales growth The Romo Group offers the right candidate potential to grow within the business
- A full clean driving licence.
If you believe you have the skills and experience that match our role please submit an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating your experience, interest in this role and salary expectations. Please send these directly to Francesca Parris, HR Manager, at Francesca.Parris@Romo.com
Interior Stylist / Visual Merchandiser - Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
INTERIOR STYLIST/ VISUAL MERCHANDISER
£20 – 35k, dependant on experience
Are you an experienced interior stylist or visual merchandiser looking for a new opportunity to work in a market leading, family-run business?
ROMO, a leading privately owned textile and wallcovering design house requires an enthusiastic and creative individual to join our creative marketing team to work as an in-house stylist responsible for designing and implementing visual displays for our International showrooms, exhibitions and launch events.
Family run since 1902, The Romo Group specialises in the supply of furnishing fabrics and wallcoverings to both the domestic and contract markets. There are currently six design houses operating within The Romo Group, each with its own unique style. For more details about the company and our brands please visit: www.romo.com
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working in collaboration with Creative Directors and Brand Managers to interpret and visually communicate our fabric and wallcovering brands, showcasing our collections to the highest standard
- Designing, planning & styling of exhibition stands & showrooms displays
- Assisting on planning, production and styling of in-house photoshoots
- Sourcing furniture and props
- Managing budgets and timescales
- Using visual merchandising skills to update showroom product libraries
- Working with Creative Marketing department to produce effective in-store branding
Conducting research on current and future trends in design and lifestyle.
To be successful in this role The Romo Group are seeking candidates who are highly creative and innovative with a passion for interiors and design. Candidates will possess exceptional creative design & styling skills and have a strong visual sense with meticulous attention to detail. They should be highly motivated and commercially focussed with a proven ability to plan and deliver effectively.
Candidates should be educated to a degree level in Interior design or other relevant subject with proven styling experience in Interiors, Window dressing, Merchandising or a similar creative role.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, both on their own or as part of a team. They must have flexibility with their work approach and demonstrate strong organisational and communication skills.
If you believe you have the skills and experience that match our role please submit an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating your experience and interest in this role. In addition, to support your application, we also require you to submit recent examples of your work. Please send these directly to Francesca Parris, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Showroom Sales Assistant (maternity cover) - Chelsea Harbour, London
Showroom Sales Assistant (maternity cover)
Chelsea Harbour, London
£20,000 - £28,000 per annum, dependant on experience
Are you passionate about interiors and looking to gain some work experience within a busy textile and wallcovering showroom?
ROMO, a leading privately owned textile and wallcovering design house, is looking for an enthusiastic and confident Showroom Sales Assistant to cover maternity leave in our flagship showroom based at the Design Centre Chelsea Harbour, London.
Family run since 1902, The Romo Group specialises in the supply of furnishing fabrics and wallcoverings to both the domestic and contract markets. There are currently 6 design houses operating within The Romo Group, each with its own unique style. For more details about the company and our brands, please visit: www.romo.com.
The Showroom team are our first point of contact for Romo customers and provide excellent customer service through their knowledge and passion for our products. The successful candidate should be friendly, polite and approachable and be able to work as part of a busy and dedicated team.
- Assisting customers with their selection of products for use in interior schemes, taking an active approach to understand their needs and requirements
- Being knowledgeable and familiar with products, being able to offer an effective and accurate answer to customer questions
- Forming and maintaining relationships with clients
- Support with the day to day running of the Showroom, ensuring it is well presented at all times
- Preparing sample packs for customers
- Working in collaboration with colleagues to manage and update the sample library on a daily basis
- Supporting telephone and email enquires
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills with outstanding English language, written and spoken
- A strong eye for colour and design
- Be highly organised and able to prioritise
- Good attention for detail
- A proactive team worker with a flexible attitude and the ability to use ones initiative
- A friendly and welcoming approach with outstanding customer service skills
- IT competent with the ability to use Microsoft Office: Word & Excel
The successful candidate will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, will be well presented and enjoy working as a member of a busy, proactive team.
If you believe you have the relevant skills that match our role, please submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter demonstrating your experience and interest in this role. Please send these directly to Francesca Parris, HR Manager, at Francesca.Parris@Romo.com.
Credit Controller - Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Starting at £19,700 progressing to £23,000 per annum - Depending on experience
Are you a naturalproblem solverwho enjoysinteracting with customers? Are you looking tobuild on your credit control experienceand move into a busy team?
ROMO, a leading privately ownedtextile and wallcoveringdesign house,is looking for an enthusiastic and confidentCredit Controllerjoin the business on a permanent basis at our Head Officebased in Kirkby-in-Ashfield
Family run since 1902, The Romo Group specialises in the supply of furnishing fabrics and wallcoverings to both the domestic and contract markets. There are currently 6 design houses operating within The Romo Group, each with its own unique style. For more details about the company and our brands please visit:www.romo.com
The Credit Control team are responsible for implementing and administering credit control procedures to minimise bad debts and slow payments without restricting turnover. The successful candidate should be highly organised, enjoy working to set targets, have meticulous attention to detail, and enjoy using their own initiative as well as working as part of a busy team.
- Responsible for UK / Eire Customers by corresponding with them on a daily basis through email and telephone conversations
- Responsible for assessing Credit risk of new customers, and vetting new orders
- Regular reviewing and monitoring of held orders, and responsible for inputting cash on to customers` accounts
- Supporting with daily banking, and processing credit/debit card payments, and daily credit card to cash posted reconciliations
- Supporting debt collection by telephone, letters, faxes, and emails
- Proactively dealing with and resolving customer account and payment queries
- Reviewing ongoing queries and after sales complaints with Customer Services
- Maintaining customers’ credit limits and regularly reviewing ongoing.
- potential risk
- Maintain orderly and reconciled sales ledgers on customers’ accounts
- Working to achieve ‘Daily Sales Outstanding’ targets
- Working in collaboration with the Credit Control Manager to review ‘Daily Sales Outstanding’ and potential bad debts
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of using numerical skills within previous work
- IT competent in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to respond to time frames and deadlines
- Proactive and detail orientated with a flexible attitude
- Experience of problem solving within previous work
- Experience of working with Credit Control and/ or a Customer Service role
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to drive with access to a car
If you believe you have the relevant skills that match our role please submit an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating your experience and interest in this role. Please send these directly to Francesca Parris, HR Manager, atFrancesca.Parris@Romo.com